Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
as new Calgary Flames general manager was
CALGARY -- Brad Trelivings first major move as new Calgary Flames general manager was to beef up the front office. He named former Flame forward Craig Conroy and former Hockey Canada executive Brad Pascall as his new assistant general managers Friday. Conroy and Pascall join Mike Holditch, who has held that title since 2010. "Having depth, having manpower, allows us to see more and do more," Treliving said at Scotiabank Saddledome. "Everything we do here when we look at adding staff and we look at adding people, this is all about building and this is about winning. "To me, you need to build your foundation off the ice before you can ever think of having success on the ice." Treliving, 44, was revealed as the Flames new GM on April 28. The Flames were grooming Conroy for the managerial ranks before Trelivings arrival. Conroy went to work immediately as a special assistant to former GM Jay Feaster after retiring in 2011. Conroys apprenticeship accelerated in December when president of hockey operations Brian Burke fired Feaster. Conroy had more responsibilities in the four months Burke searched for a replacement before deciding on Treliving. "All of a sudden, everyone had more to do," Conroy said. "Now you can really focus in on an area and really nail down what were going to do moving forward." The 42-year-old from Potsdam, N.Y., played 1,009 NHL regular-season games, just over half of them with the Flames. He also played for the Montreal Canadiens, Los Angeles Kings and St. Louis Blues. Pascall worked for Hockey Canada for almost two decades in different roles. He was most recently vice-president of hockey operations for the last four years. He was part of the management groups that assembled the victorious Canadian mens hockey teams for the 2010 and 2014 Winter Olympics. "I think the evolution of my experience of being involved with various championship teams and building an organization there from a high-performance structure, I think it was always an aspiration of mine to one day move onto the National Hockey League," Pascall said. The 43-year-old from Coquitlam, B.C., was drafted by the Buffalo Sabres in 1990 and played four years of minor pro hockey. His wife is Cassie Campbell-Pascall, who led the Canadian womens hockey team to Olympic gold in 2002 and 2006 as team captain. Holditchs area of expertise is salary cap and contracts. Pascall will oversee Calgarys American Hockey League team which is moving to Glens Falls, N.Y., next season from Abbotsford, B.C. Conroy will spend the most time of the road of the three, Treliving said, watching NHL and minor pro games in order to help with player decisions. "I think you ought to be careful that youre not tripping over people, but the way I look at it is you get the right people on the bus, you get winners on the bus, well figure out all the rest," Treliving said. "The game is becoming bigger each day, becoming more competitive each day, so the question we ask every morning when we roll out of bed is how do we win? How do we win and how do we get better? We got better today. Well keep all three of these guys busy." Calgary missed the playoffs for a fifth straight season with a record of 35-40-7. The Flames own the fourth overall pick in the NHL entry draft June 27-28. Stitched Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys . The 27-year-old forward has informed the Leafs that he will be unable to play in Monday nights home game against the Columbus Blue Jackets. Wholesale Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys .com) - New England Patriots starting center Bryan Stork will not play in Sundays AFC Championship against Indianapolis due to a knee injury the rookie sustained last week. http://www.cheapbengals.com/139u-cheap-g...ngals.html . The traditional pre-Masters event was halted early due to inclement weather. Harrington, who tied for first in 2003 and won in 2004, became the first three-time champion of the event. Cheap Cincinnati Bengals Jerseys Online . At 11:06 of the first period, Neal struck Marchand with his knee when Marchand was down on the ice. Marchand remained in the game.  Neal was assessed a kneeing penalty for his hit on Marchand. Cincinnati Bengals Drew Sample Jersey . Portuguese sides Benfica and Porto also advanced to the last eight while Basel overcame an early red card to win 2-1 at Salzburg and progress from a last-16 second leg that was briefly suspended because of crowd trouble. Lyon, Valencia and AZ Alkmaar will also be in Fridays draw in Nyon, Switzerland, where the team to avoid will be Juventus -- even though the Italian champions made heavy work of their all-Italian last-16 match against Fiorentina.Jamie Carragher believes John Terry deserved a better send off from Chelsea, should the captain not return next season. Terry was suspended for Chelseas 1-1 draw with Leicester on Sunday, but took to the pitch after the game at Stamford Bridge to speak to the home fans and reiterate his desire to stay.Terry is out of contract in the summer and although the club have offered him a one-year deal, he is yet to sign, saying on Friday that he is mulling over the decision. And Carragher, speaking on Sky Sports 1 HD, claimed a man of the Chelsea captains stature at the club deserved more. Terry applauds the fans at Stamford Bridge Hes been an integral part of what Chelsea have done over the last 10 years or so, the success theyve had and the trophies theyve won, he said.The one criticism youd have of the club at times, plenty of times, is theyve lacked a little bit of class in different situations.To have a figure like [Terry] and the way its been played out over the last few months, with arguably Chelseas greatest ever player, to be left hanging there like that. It doesnt seem like a send off to me the way it should have been done and the way it should have been handled by the club.To come out with a statement three or four days ago that theyd offered him a contract, it felt to me that they were backing him into a corner when it should be something they do together, whatever that may be. Cesc Fabregas opened the scoring for Chelsea from the penalty spot However, Thierry Henry believes Terrys emotional address to the fans suggested that the captain wont be returning to Stamford Bridge next season.ddddddddddddHe said: It was a bit weird for me, because I thought it was just like an end-of-season captain talk, and then when he started to be emotional and cry, why would you do that if youre sure of coming back?So if youre not coming back, is that a proper signing off for the man? I dont think it is. I said so many times I think he should stay. Whether he is going to start or not is up to the next manager, but I think he should be back. Because of his tears it looked like hes not coming back, and I think it will be a mistake if he doesnt. Danny Drinkwater (centre) then equalised for Leicester While Graeme Souness believes the lack of respect shown to Terry may lead Chelsea down a dangerous path.I think Chelsea have to be careful, said Souness. Terry will be highly regarded in that dressing room, and there will be players in there thinking: when its my time they might deal with me in the exact same way. What loyalty should I show to this football club if they are going to keep me dangling and not show any great respect?If you cant show respect and dignity to someone [like Terry], arguably the best player Chelsea have ever had, if you cant do the right thing thing by someone of that status, I think its a dangerous road youre going down. Also See: Terry reiterates desire to stay Chelsea season review Foxes finish with Chelsea draw As it happened Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '